Veuillez trouver ci-dessous une offre d’emploi dans le secteur pétrolier à destination d’un géochimiste organicien.
Neftex is a rapidly growing UK company, based near Oxford, and a leading international geoscience business. Our main activity is delivering the world’s most detailed commercially available 4D plate tectonic and 3rd order sequence stratigraphic model – the Neftex Earth Model. It has been built with the support of our clients, many of the world’s largest national, super-major and independent oil companies, and is delivered using state-of-the-art web-mapping technologies. We are now in the process of taking our Earth Model into adjacent mining, finance, groundwater and publishing business sectors. We also provide exploration-led geoscience consultancy skills to these sectors. Neftex has a very strong research ethos to develop high-value opportunities for our wide and growing client base.
The successful candidate will lead and develop the petroleum geochemistry module of our rapidly developing Earth Model business. Applicants should have a strong grounding in organic geochemistry, with an understanding of source rock quality and maturity indicators (including RockEval analysis), gas chromatography and biomarker analysis. Applicants should be well-organised team players with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a proven interest in petroleum geochemistry. This is a unique opportunity to develop your career in a research-focussed company that straddles the boundary between industry and academia. We offer industry competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
The ideal candidate will have:
– A good honours degree (2:1+) & postgraduate degree to MSc or PhD level in Petroleum Geochemistry;
– Knowledge of source rock quality, maturity, gas chromatography and biomarker data
– Experience of databases (e.g. MS Access), basin modeling software and ArcGIS;
– A mature work ethic, a professional attitude and the ability to work with minimal supervision;
– A good command of written and spoken English and excellent presentation skills.
Your responsibilities will include:
– Leading our petroleum systems Earth Model module development, databases and team;
– Populating our global database, petroleum system mapping, charting and modelling;
– Training our geoscientists in the application of geochemistry to petroleum geology;
– Development of source rock models and petroleum system concepts on play cross sections;
– Technical presentations to clients and international travel as required.
To apply please send your CV accompanied with a covering letter to James Etienne. Unfortunately acknowledgement of applications will not be made. Only those invited to interview will be contacted further. The closing date for application is Friday May 11th 2012. Interviews will be held in late May/early June.
Open to European Union Citizens or holders of a Tier 1 General or Post Study visa.
Further details of our company may be found at our website www.neftex.com