Un postdoc de 2,5 ans est ouvert dans le groupe de George Simon à Sydney.
The Faculty of Science offers a broad range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses in some of today’s most topical subject areas which impact our world and its people. Our research is innovative and cutting edge and our Faculty is home to a number of internationally recognised research centres. Within the Faculty, the Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences covers a wide range of disciplines from geology, geophysics, geochemistry, environmental geology and marine science. For more information, please visit http://eps.mq.edu.au/
The Role: The Department is seeking to appoint a talented early career postdoctoral researcher to work on the Australian Research Council (ARC) Discovery Project DP130102547 titled « Tracing life’s beginnings: molecular fossils from single oil inclusions. »
To be considered for this role please addresses the selection criteria below and upload as a separate document.
Essential Selection Criteria:
• PhD in Organic Geochemistry or closely related field;
• Demonstrated research ability in organic geochemistry;
• Knowledge of contamination issues in organic geochemistry;
• Knowledge of key evolutionary events in earth’s history as recorded by biomarkers;
• Evidence of ability to work independently
• Evidence of ability to work co-operatively with others;
• Good written and oral communication skills.
Desirable Selection Criteria:
• Knowledge of how to observe and measure fluid inclusion properties;
• Experience working with a time-of-flight-secondary ion mass spectrometry;
• Experience doing ToF-SIMS on individual oil inclusions;
• Experience with geochemical analysis of oil inclusions;
• Demonstrated knowledge of GC-MS instrumentation.
Salary Package: Level A, Step 6 – from $75,510 to $80,924 p.a. plus 17% employer’s superannuation and annual leave loading.
Appointment Type: Full-time, Fixed-term for a period of 2.5 years
Enquiries: Professor Simon George or (02) 9850 4424.
Applications Close: 10 March 2013 at 11.59 pm
Advertised: 14 Feb 2013 Aus. Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 10 Mar 2013 Aus. Eastern Standard Time